Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 3: The Day Before

Today holds a sense of anxiety and anticipation.  Going back to work tomorrow means that I must return to reality, but it also means that I can begin to move forward with plans.  Something I like to do to help calm my nerves is go grocery shopping.  There are only two places that release that sense of ease: Caputo's and Whole Foods.  Today I visited Caputo's.  There is something about wandering through aisles of food that grabs my complete attention and forces out unwelcome thoughts.  According to a book I am reading, attention is what shapes our lives.  I am hoping to improve the focus of my attention to positive experiences; perhaps the wine aisle.


No comments:

Post a Comment