Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Day 13: The Human Influence

I kind of feel like I am cheating when I take a picture of someone else's artwork, but I suppose this is a blog about me which includes my interests. I picked up this print when I was in Venice at Peggy Guggenheim's Collection.  I was so excited to see that I could get it in print form.  It is called "Sea Dancer" by Severini.  It now rests framed next to my bed so that I can see it daily.  I saw this piece and fell in love with it.  I may be simple for thinking this, but the colors pulse positivity and the shapes elude to new visions. 

This was the first time I had heard of Severini, but have fallen in love with his work since then.  When I was in Paris this past summer we went to the Musee de L'Orangerie which features Monet's work.  After viewing the lilies, I was ecstatic to see that they had a special exhibition on Severini.  It is so interesting to see a collection of an artist's work because you can view their growth and a reflection of their lives.  Severini was strongly influenced by his peers.  If I remember right, he was strongly associating with one man, but then he passed, so he found himself in new company.  It was this new influence that developed his style that he is known for.


I think the people we surround ourselves with have such an influence on our lives.  I wonder how the people I have met and will meet will impact my life.  I hope that I have created a positive impact on others' lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment