Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 25: Gelato on the Run

I came home tonight for my little break before class and wished I could have stayed home.  I had to get a little work done, then I fell asleep for about 15 minutes.  I think I could have slept for 1500 minutes, but this would have caused me to be late which is not good.  

To increase my stamina for the night, I decided to stop at Whole Foods to get some dessert.  I was just going to stop at Culver's, but I decided to treat myself.  I met a nice, older man at the gelato counter that seemed pretty passionate about his sweet tooth satisfiers.  He had me tasting all of these different gelatos and then he introduced me to a lacey, also known as "crack" by the whole foods peeps.  It is this thin crispy cookie that definitely manifests a new category in the cookie world.  I'm hooked.  So I got my $3.99 pint of tiramisu gelato and gave a promise that I would be back for more laceys at the end of the week.  This brief moment of happiness definitely gave me the boost I needed to make it through the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment