Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 27: Shoot for the Moon

I've collected moons for a long time.  One of the earliest memorable moments I have of purchasing a moon was in Indianapolis.  I can't remember if that is when I decided that I liked moons or not, but I remember the store and still have the moon sitting with my collection.

I loved moons so much that I decided to make that my first tattoo.  It symbolizes so much to me.  It's a goal, a place to reach.  It is about seeking balance; like the yin and yang.   I got that tattoo as a reminder.  As I looked at it tonight, I noticed that the ink is fading a little.  I have big pursuits ahead of me, but I can't forget to constantly seek what it is that ignites something within.

Today I took a few pictures of some moons I have around.  The first is an image on a box I bought at Wall Drug.  The second is a candle holder, but I can't remember where I got it from.  It was a bit dusty, so I made sure to shine it up.  The final one is from Pike's Place Market in Seattle.  I have many more, but I thought I'd share a few as a reminder to shoot for the moon.


No comments:

Post a Comment