Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 16: Black and White

Today started out nicely with the sun shining and the birds singing.  It appears that they are confused because I saw a group of robins perched in a tree.  It is a big day when I see the first robin of the season, but I'm afraid they might be mistaken about the start of spring; the groundhog hasn't even made his prediction yet.


I took a stroll on the riverwalk in Naperville.  I found a heart someone made in the snow.  It seems people are walking all over it.  I think snowy pictures are viewed best in black and white.  Any color that does remain is dull and less dramatic.  


I'm feeling a bit of cabin fever.  I'd love to go outside and walk in a t-shirt and jeans and feel the sun warm my skin.  I want to see flowers emerging from buds on the trees and wake up to the song of birds.  I want to walk Kendra in the sunlit morning and see the sunlight after I come out of my grad school classes.  I hope the robins are right. 


2 comments:

  1. I love your pictures with the snow. The bridge looks like it would inspire artists everywhere. There is much beauty in winter, and you have captured it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Fellow Traveler,

    Thank you for commenting on my pictures! I was curious if I know you... I appreciate you checking on my blog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete