Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 10: Eau de Lovely

Stargazer lilies are one of my favorite flowers.  The scent that permeates its habitat is pleasant for the sniffer.  I began buying these flowers after I returned from Venice.  I feel as though a lot of these pictures have had some connection to Venice, perhaps I should consider returning to the place that has left such an imprint on my everyday life.  


When we were in Venice, my aunt Linda and my adopted aunt Janey and I would go to a bar/restaurant just down from our apartment.  As we walked in to the bar, the scent of fresh tulips filled the air.  I  loved this bar for its atmosphere, proximity, and service.  I think I buy these flowers to trigger my sensory memory and try to go back for my Campari, Bellini, or Limoncello. 


Unfortunately my flowers are dying and only a couple blossoms remain.  I thought I'd capture the moment with another sense today, since I have yet to figure out how to attach a scent to my blog.  My advice is to stop by the florist area at your local grocery store for a whiff of my Venice.

No comments:

Post a Comment