Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 28: Enjoying the Unexpected

I woke up this morning and decided that I would take a drive up to Evanston.  I've been thinking that if I cannot get a job in Indy, then maybe I can try in Evanston.  There is so much to do in the area and it is beautiful up there.  As I almost reach my destination, I get a call.  One of my favorite people in the world is in the area: Aunt Linda!  She asked if I wanted to meet up, and of course the answer was yes.  
 
We met in Des Plaines and had lunch at this nice little Italian cafe.  We each ordered a glass of wine and talked while we enjoyed our meal.  I think she is my wine soul mate because she is one of the few people that enjoys wine at anytime.  I love talking to her because she sparks my interest in so many topics.  I think she really tries to experience life in many different facets.  For awhile I felt like I was on one of our fabulous trips.  It was a nice getaway.

After we had lunch I decided to return to my original mission and visit Evanston.  I drove to the arts center and thought it was beautiful.  The remaining pictures are from that area.  I kept thinking about what it would be like to be able to walk to the beach in the summer.  I have been talking lately about how I'd like to live by a beach someday.  Lake Michigan isn't exactly the same as what I intended, but it would be a start.  I hope to go back up to the area when I can dedicate a day to exploring.

Although Indy is my number one choice right now, I think I mostly just want a change, and one that impacts a few aspects of my life.  Most people don't like change very much, but I think the possibilities is what makes it so exciting.  It could end up being a disaster, but I have to try to find out.  Somehow I doubt a disaster will occur.





No comments:

Post a Comment