Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Day 32: What's for Dinner

I was having a hard time determining what to write about tonight, and my roommate suggested that I discuss a disturbing conversation that took place today.  My advanced class cleaned up after their lab and had a couple minutes left to spare at the end.  Somehow, one student started talking about how he would eat his finger if it ever got cut off.


Another student chimed in that he always wanted to try human.  Not a live one of course, but a dead one.  He mentioned that a stew would probably be the preferred cooking method.  He then began to list off other foods that he has tried, and equatted trying human with trying rattlesnake.


What is wrong with my students?  I am teaching a bunch of cannibals.  I remember watching a couple movies when I was younger that showed cannibalism (Event Horizon, and I can't remember the other one) and I was FREAKED out.  I guess you have to be careful of who you might get stranded with.

No comments:

Post a Comment