Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 40: Fortune

I received a great gift from my aunt Lori today.  Ever since my move I have been unable to find the Venice DVD that she made.  I love her videos because it allows me to see a different perspective and reminisce about the good times.  I am so thankful to have this DVD again.

Next week I get to see a good portion of my family and it is much needed.  The more people that I meet in my life (including students), the more fortunate I feel to have the family that I do.  Although my family is not large, I feel so connected to everyone.  Now that I am older I feel like my aunts are like my big sisters that I never had.  My aunt Linda mentioned that we might have a "sewing bee" to work on a quilt.  How great to sit around with great people (maybe some wine) and work to finish something together.

When it comes to parents, I think I won the lottery.  I have two parents that love me and constantly push for my happiness; whatever that means.  Their love has never wavered and it never will.  I wonder how I was so lucky to be born into this family.  It is something that I never take for granted. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got the DVDs of the Venice trip. What an adventure! Love your blog. It is the bright spot of my day. Your life sounds very exciting and busy.

    ReplyDelete