Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 58: Trinkets

Today's picture is random, but that is okay.  I bought this little vase back in January on sale.  It was less than $3, but I think it is so beautiful.  I wonder who the girl is and what she is doing...

Today we had a holocaust survivor speak to our 8th graders.  One student asked her what she missed most from her items left behind in the cattle car, and she couldn't really say.  She talked about how she has learned that materials don't matter much.  She then went on to say that she had a lot of friends, and that was much more important.  I can't say that I have a lot of friends, but the ones I have are keepers.

I completely agree with her statement about material items.  I think the only reason I like material things so much is because of the memories attached to it, whether I was with friends or family.  Perhaps it is not wise to become so attached to these trinkets, it brings out the hoarder in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment