Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Day 48: The Bright Side

After yet another day at home, I am finally starting to feel better.  The fever is gone and everything is starting to break up allowing me to breathe and speak in an almost normal voice.  I will be so thankful to interact with others again and feel like myself.

Since I was feeling a little better tonight, I started to work on my creative project for my creative thought class.  I am going to do my own version of impressionist art.  I am taking the outline of a photo that I took on the west coast (seen above) and fill it with tiny cutouts of other photos I have taken.  I realized that this is going to take me more time than I anticipated.  I cut pieces out for about a half hour and I am nowhere close to where I need to be.  In the end there will be no white space, only dots of cut up photographs.  Stay tuned for the final product.

In an attempt to gain some sanity and get out of the house, I decided to go to Aldi to grab something for dinner.  As I was out, I saw a beautiful sunset unfolding.  Unfortunately I wasn't thinking clearly and forgot to change the ISO, so my picture is really grainy, but there it is.  When I was there this father and daughter let me cut in line because I only had two items.  It always amazes me when people do that because most people seem to be in such a hurry.  The daughter was so sweet because she cleared an area at the beginning of their groceries and put down the divider so I had space for my items.  It was good to see a girl bonding with her dad while getting groceries.  I will have to be sure to pass on the kindness to someone else.


No comments:

Post a Comment