Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 230:The Best Part of Me

Unfortunately, I cannot show today's picture because it is of my students.  You'll have to trust that the picture exists.  Today my students picked a part (body) that represents the best of them.  Can you imagine me doing this with my middle school students?  They had to write about why that is their best part and I took a picture.  I am going to make a class collage on a wall and post their writing around it as a border.  They turned out soooo cute!  I can't wait to get it up there.  Today was a great day.  My students seem to get along so well.  I have a couple that I will have to keep entertained, but for the most part, they are a bunch of sweethearts.  The days seem a bit long, but I think it is just because I haven't had to stick with something that long since last year.  

Here is my piece on the Best Part of Me:

 
My eyes are the key to unlocking secrets of the world.  By lifting my eyelids, I can take in the details surrounding me.  Many might find most observations to be insignificant, but I find meaning in the overlooked and little details.  Maybe it is a dad helping a child up after a fall off his bike or a lonely man sitting in the corner; there are stories everywhere.  I always want to know more about how others live and think.  My eyes unveil these stories and my favorite hobby, photography, helps me preserve the unwritten words.  All senses make up a memory, but vision is my most valued ability.  Some day when my hair is gray and my skin is wrinkly, I will be able to look back at these photographs and remember what my eyes saw.

Now tonight I can enjoy my Friday.  I don't think you can truly appreciate how awesome weekends are until you are working.  I heart weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment