Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Monday, August 6, 2012

Day 219: The Power of Pesto

Another productive day for me.  I planned out the first week of school with a friend which has really helped me see what we are going to do.  We were so productive that I forgot to eat lunch.  As you can imagine, I was quite hungry when I got home, so I decided it was pesto time.  I had such amazing pesto in the Cinque Terre and I have wanted to try to make it again ever since.  I think the key is pine nuts.  When I made it before, I used either cashews or walnuts and it is just not the same.  Let's just say that this recipe was delicious.  Just the right balance of basil, garlic, and parmesan.  I have leftovers for about 7 meals which is going to come in handy.

Part of me is kind of glad that school will be starting up soon.  I am in need of some human interactions.  I have been hanging with friends lately, but I need to meet some new people and get some insights from some other minds.  I don't think I used to value people this much.  I suppose it all depends on who you surround yourself with.

No comments:

Post a Comment