1. It began with a wine night, how much better could it be?
2. I graduated with my Masters!
3. Finally being offered the opportunity to teach Elementary.
4. Going to Provence with my aunts. Spending my one free week of sanity with the best travel buddies anyone could ever ask for. I had been so sick in the spring, but magically, I was cured in France.
5. Seeing my dad not only think about what he'd like to do with the rest of his life, but also go for it. You are a crazy adrenaline junky, but I can't say I don't get it.
6. Finding a place that truly feels like home.
7. Making the biggest impulsive decision I've ever made this summer.
8. Meeting some of the coolest people and sharing unforgettable experiences with them.
9. Participating in experiences that the old me never would have considered and being so thankful that I did.
10. And most importantly, my family and friends are healthy and safe. They are the kindling to my fire and without them, there is nothing to transform a spark into a roaring fire. They are the ones that not only let me have my big dreams, but encourage me to pursue them. They are the reason this year has been what it has for me. Thank you!
I wonder what 27 has to offer. I can only wish that it can mimic the greatness of 26.
I was putzing around the internet tonight and found some cool birthday things. Apparently there is such a thing as a birth tree. Who knew? I am a hornbeam tree. I wonder if I've ever seen this tree.
I also found out my "birthpath." I am typically one that never believes in these things, but it feels pretty dead on. Here is what the website says:
Description of your 3 Birthpath
- Within you is a natural gift of self-expression to be
developed and employed for the education, upliftment, and betterment of
humanity. Your purpose is to impart to others the philosophical,
factual comprehension of the basic truths of life. (wow, does this feel true to me)
Your role is to learn to understand the heart and mind of others, to
work with people, and to encourage each person's best qualities, for
example in teaching, consulting, or counselling. Use the positive
expressions of the power of language to generate happiness for others
through a sense of humour, acts of kindness, thoughtfulness, and
consideration. By living to the maxim that to live is to give, you
would earn the trust and support of people. (Umm, I am a teacher, hello)
Your inner quality requires that you merge with others in order to have a
balanced perspective of your obligation to people. You should avoid
being drawn into emotional experiences against your better judgment.
Maintaining confidences would earn you respect and long-lasting
friendships. (I don't know how many times I've talked about balance. This is the number one reason I have a moon tattoo. I am only partially balanced.)
- Your inner potential will find fullest expression in circumstances in which versatility and creativity are required, free from monotony and limitations. Establishing clear ideals and goals on a daily, monthly, and yearly basis would prevent procrastination, uncompleted commitments, and the scattering of your efforts. (Routine used to be a comfort when I was little, but now I want more freedom and change.)