Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 97: Capturing Spring

I woke up feeling pretty crummy.  A sore throat and achey glands kept me from a fast paced morning.  After being up for a couple hours, I took a nap and woke up around 11:30.  I didn't want to lose my entire day, so I drove to Cantigny since the sun had warmed the Earth a little.

My first interest with photography involved flowers.  I think I gained this interest from my granddad.  I have branched out since those early days with a camera, but I still love to wander gardens and snap shots.  It was a crisp spring day and the blooms seemed to glow in the bright afternoon sun.

Besides visiting Cantigny, I also did some catching up with my blog.  I have one more to write.  I still need to go through all of my photographs and videos to create dvds and slideshows.  I love to do this, but I'm still not quite ready for the trip to be completely wrapped up.  I will share a link with you when I have updated my flickr with new pictures.

I also did some pondering today.  Nature seems to have that affect on me.  I'm wondering if I'm doing enough to try to make the changes I want.  I feel like I'm kind of in limbo right now with a possible opening.  I am very hopeful for this position, but there is always this sense of uncertainty.  I don't know if we ever really know if we make the right decisions.  I had this thought today that if I somehow woke up and the past 8 years were a dream, and I was really 18, would I make the same choices?  There has been so much greatness that has come out of the choices I have made, but could things have been even better if I had made different choices?  I guess you can't live that way because we are here now.




No comments:

Post a Comment