Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 93: Jet Lagged

Jet lag is definitely real for any nonbelievers out there.  I went to bed a little before six last night and woke up at three this morning.  It is almost seven as I write this and I don't think I can stay awake much longer.  I've never been good at not going to sleep when I am tired.

I had some troubles getting going this morning.  Kendra was being so lovey and I just wish I had one more day with her.  As I was putting on my coat to leave, she started hopping around like she wanted to go outside for another walk.  So we did.  I was already getting to work way early, so why not.  I think we both went through some separation anxiety this morning.

As I drove to work I felt very off.  These are the times when I am so thankful that I talk to my dad each morning.  I know many people would probably think it is strange that I talk to him at least once a day, but why wouldn't I want to talk to my best friend each day?  I can't imagine starting my day any other way.

Once I got to work, I was a productive machine.  I knocked out all of the things on my to do list.  All in all, it wasn't a bad day.  As I was leaving work I stopped to talk to my friend Jenne.  She asked how my trip was and I rambled a little.  I talked about how I was trying to catch up with my blog.  At that moment I realized that I was really not ready for this trip to be over.  Somehow it feels that once I'm finished updating my blog, the trip is really over.  I know it is actually over now, but I don't want to accept it.  So much time is put into the planning and anticipation.  Once it is over, there is a little emptiness even though so much was gained.  I guess I just have to start thinking about the next thing to look forward to.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment