Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Monday, April 2, 2012

Day 92: Please Don't Make me go Back

I woke up around four this morning, unable to sleep any longer.  I spent my morning catching up on what I had missed while I was gone as well as organizing my blog and unpacking all of my goodies.  

Something big that I missed while I was gone was a fire.  One of the buildings diagonally across from mine had several apartments damaged.  Apparently it was started by a grill.  As I was walking Kendra this afternoon I stopped to talk with a couple that was trying to salvage what they could from their apartment below the start of the fire.  They did not have much left that could be taken.  I asked about their dog because I remembered they had one.  The owner removes snow from the grass so the dog can go (Kendra and I take advantage of that).  Luckily the dog was in Florida when it happened.  Who knows if it would have survived if it was there.  
 
I offered to help them and the expression that the woman made seemed like she strongly considered taking me up on my offer.  But after thinking, she declined.  I guess that one woman whose apartment was damaged just got back yesterday from the Bahamas.  I am soooooooo thankful that nothing bad happened to my apartment while I was gone.  I can't even imagine...

I considered taking a picture of the damage from the fire for my blog, but it seemed too personal.  That was someone's home.  I wonder if there is a line that should not be crossed when it comes to photography.

I spent the rest of the day in a funk.  I'm not ready to return to school and I'm feeling a sense of loneliness after being with my family for several days.

I found myself quite tired in the afternoon, so I decided to give up and go to bed before six.  I am writing this blog a bit late because it is now four in the morning on the next day.  I've been up since about three and cannot sleep anymore.  This should make for an interesting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment