Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Day 72: Well that was Interesting

I know that cloud photos are overdone, but can't you understand why?  Look at that sky!  It had been cloudy most of the day and as Kendra and I made our way back to the apartment, this started to happen.  She followed me outside and we captured this quick shot.

Beyond the beautiful sky, beautiful things are happening at eye level.  I mentioned that the buds were really starting to grow yesterday.  Look what they did today.  This has happened within about two days.  Even though I teach science and have a decent understanding about how life is made, it still amazes me that life exists.  There are so many obstacles in the way, and yet somehow it all comes together and bam, you've got life.  I'm pretty fond of this picture.

The last picture shows some new scars my car has after getting hit today.  I was sitting at a stoplight in my own world and without notice, my head springs forward and a jolt goes through me.  The car behind me was not paying attention and did not stop soon enough.  Luckily I came to my senses fast enough that I braked before hitting the truck in front of me.  Although this sucked, there was good that came out of it.  We pulled into the bank and right behind me was a couple who said they witnessed it and gave me their information in case I needed their account.  Seconds after, another car pulled up and asked if I needed a witness.  Who does that?  The fact that they would stop whatever it is that they were doing and make sure that everything was okay just boggles my mind.  I find myself a bit pessimistic sometimes about humankind, but then there are moments that shake my beliefs.  I am so thankful that there are people like that.  It reminds me that I need to look for the good in people and get rid of the notion that so many are bad.  It also reminds me that I need to be that person.  Someone may need my help someday and I have to be sure to rise to the occasion.

The good news is if you look closely enough in the picture, the lady's license plate is etched in my bumper in case I ever need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment