Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 68: The Ups and Downs

I came out to my car from work with a little Provence care package from my dad.  Tomorrow marks the two week countdown.  After this week with ISATs, I cannot wait to get away.  I just feel like I've spent way too much time with the same kids in the same room.

Although the temperature was not as nice today, it was a beautiful sunny day.  Kendra and I enjoyed a lengthy walk together after I did a little cleaning.  It is so great to hear the birds sing.  Now Kendra lies snoring next to me, happy as can be.

After our walk, I began to fix dinner.  Now that I'm home, I'd like to work on my health again.  I fixed tasty grilled shrimp with a salad and toast with olive oil and Parmesan cheese.  

As I sat watching the students take their ISATs, I thought that I'd like to be stronger.  The kids are becoming a bit unruly with the testing and spring fever.  I feel like the whip needs to come out.  I was thinking that if I felt physically stronger, that I would also feel stronger mentally.  Sometimes I just feel too exhausted to push back.  Perhaps if I was feeling better overall, I would have the energy to put some of those tough kids in their place.  So, in other words, the food will begin to improve and so will my activity level.


No comments:

Post a Comment