Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day 66: Chasing the Sunset

Do you see that?  Those are shadows cast by the glorious sun.  What a beautiful day it was.  Nearly 70 degrees and bright.  Although it was a long day at work because of ISATs, I made sure I enjoyed the daylight that was left.

This is a day picture, but it looked so much cooler in black and white than in color.  There is something that comes alive in me when the sun warms my skin.  Hearing the birds sing this morning as I got ready also really helped to motivate the process.  I am so strongly tied to nature and my mood definitely depends on this factor.

The evening ended with an attempt to catch the sunset.  I wasn't planning on going out, but Kendra hinted that she was interested, so we did.  As we drove, the sunset became more and more beautiful.  Unfortunately the not so pretty scenery was in my way.  This is where a hill would have been handy.  So I missed capturing the sunset, but I did catch the moon peaking over the trees.  One of my goals this summer is to catch a really good sunset and sunrise because these are my favorite times of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment