Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 169: Diving in the Sky

What an amazing day.  I didn't even jump and I feel like it was so much fun and that I learned a little life lesson.  We arrived in Beloit a little before 8 this morning and the weather was prefect.  Dad and Crystal were the second to jump.  In the first picture you can see Crystal with her jump partner: Ted.  I think Ted was playing with them because in the next picture he had the girls in the prayer position, but my dad didn't have to do that.  He was quite the jokster.  Poor Crystal had to deal with most of his jokes.  

My dad jumped with Corn (Cornelius).  Everyone in the hanger was so nice.  Woody was the videographer that documented his jump.  They really seemed to have a passion for what they do and they have a good time doing it.  In the picture below you can see my dad and Crystal in the air.  Crystal is with the blue chute and my dad is with the red/yellow chute.  I think I had the biggest smile across my face as I saw the little dots falling from the plane.  How wonderful to create this life memory.  I am happy that I was able to be there for it.

I really like the picture of my dad giving Ted a handshake.  Handshakes are kind of a dying art and I think this picture shows a very sincere one.  I feel like I'm not doing a very good job of expressing my thoughts behind the day.  I guess I mostly feel an interest in what these people do for a living and what their story is.  There are so many ways we can choose to live our lives and it is always fascinating to see how others do it.

We finished our Father's day with dinner at Catch 35.  The meal was fantastic.  Thank you dad for being such a great one!  
 








No comments:

Post a Comment