Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Day 155: Summer Sundays

 What a wonderful day. I took my time this morning before leaving for Geneva.  I stopped to do some shopping and then at the French Market.  Yes, a French Market in Northern Illinois.  I finally broke down and bought a Provencal tablecloth.  I bought a couple in Provence, but the nice ones were too expensive.  Instead I bought it here.  There is a french woman at this market that I have talked to a few times and this is the place I was supposed to get my tablecloth.  We talked for awhile and she helped me pick out the perfect one.  When I asked to take a picture, she laid out all of her best tablecloths.  I get the impression that she is very proud of what she does and what she sells.  I think that quality deserves my business.


After the French Market I went to Galena Cellars for a wine tasting.  I know that it may be a little odd to do a wine tasting on my own, but if I want to taste wine and I am alone, I don't think I should miss out.  I was originally planning a solo trip this year, but financially it would be better if I didn't.  I think instead that I should work towards doing what I want when I am out on my own.  The goal of the solo trip was to learn about myself and grow.  I think I've said this here before, but I think true growing occurs when you are facing something independently.  Being free of influence is a reflective thing.  But anyway, I think I will just try to continue doing this on a smaller scale.


Later in the evening I was fortunate enough to meet up with Ashley for dinner and drinks.  We sat outside and enjoyed the nice evening.  It is so nice to have someone so close that is such great company to hang out with.  I think it is going to be an awesome summer.


I ended my night with a few sips of wine sitting outside with my pup.  I am a happy girl right now.

As I lay in bed tonight, I have my window open and I hear people speaking in Italian.  A woman is laughing and I wonder if I'm really in Illinois.






No comments:

Post a Comment