Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Day 157: I Would Walk 500 Miles

I learned a life lesson today.  When going to a new forest preserve and deciding to walk a trail, don't just walk a trail.  It was a beautiful morning and I thought hey, why not go for a walk.  I hopped on a trail and took off.  I figured that it would loop around and the sign said 2 mi, so I thought hey, that sounds like a nice little walk.  Well, loop around it didn't, at least not exactly.  As I was walking through the prairie, I lost sound of the construction on the road and sight of people.  I felt like I was walking back around, but my car never appeared.  After walking about 4-5 miles, I came across a visitors center.  Like a real dummy, I rang the bell and asked for help.  I was getting desperate and almost asked for a ride back to my car.  I had a doctor's appointment and didn't know if I had enough time to walk back.  After looking at the map I realized I had at least another two miles to go.  So I trekked back and when I saw my car again, it was a magical moment.  I sat down in my car and dumped the rocks out of my shoe.  I made it!  It was definitely a good walk and I needed it, just wasn't planning on it today.


I made it to my appointment on time and I was happy to see that the doctor thinks I should have a sleep study done.  He also ran some blood tests.  I may be a little bit of a hypochondriac, but it would be so reassuring to know that nothing is wrong.  I am so fatigued and I'd like to know if it is something I can do something about.  I guess we will see.  Plus, it is pretty cool to have a sleep study done.


All in all, it was a good day and I am finishing my evening with some indie movies featuring Ryan Gosling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment