Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 162: Up North

 I went up to Lincolnwood today for a wine fest.  There were several wineries and distributors set up with over 100 wines to taste.  I think I tasted around 30, that was enough.  They also had some wonderful cheeses, bread, and meat skewers.  


One of my favorite booths had a guy selling Spanish wines.  We started talking about traveling and he talked so highly of Spain.  The wine, the jamon, and the scenery.  It sounds like a wonderful place to go.  He also talked about how this Muga wine used egg whites as part of the wine-making process.  I had never heard of this before.  I think I will have to check it out.  All in all, I tasted some great wines, hand some conversations with people, and discovered some new wineries I want to visit.


I was so close to Evanston that I decided to stop by.  I was going to walk on the beach, but apparently it isn't free.  It is in the winter, I don't see the difference...  Here you can see a man laying out in the grass while reading a book.  A lot of people were relaxed on this warm Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment