Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Day 165: Piles

I have piles of things around my apartment today.  Travel books and dvds, items to pack, euros, laundry to get ready, and other random things.  

As I was going to bed last night, I started to question my decision and pessimistic Melissa came in.  I worried about what might happen while I'm gone.  Would Kendra be okay?  It is so funny because a couple hours earlier I was a romanticized Melissa that was happy to grab this opportunity and go for it full-heartedly.  I must be a little bipolar or something.

Pessimistic Melissa is gone and practical Melissa has stepped in.  I've started to make a packing list, type my itinerary on a calendar, and start thinking about what I need to do before I go.  It is kind of a bummer that I don't have more time to plan because that is half the fun.  No complaints here though.  Instead it is just an adrenaline rush of excitement and thoughts.

Overall, I would say it has been a good day.  At this point my mom doesn't need surgery for her pain, just physical therapy.  I hope it helps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment