Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 161: Graduation

Today called for an early morning so that I could get ready for graduation.  The activities began with a free continental breakfast.  I joined up with Ashley and her family while my family saved seats for everyone.  Before we knew it, it was time to line up.  I was so glad that it was not outside because it was a hot day.  Even in an air conditioned room I felt warm with two layers of clothes on.  

The ceremony began with us forming a tunnel so that the faculty could come through.  We applauded them as they processed into the rec center.  We then walked in to find our seats.  The first portion of the ceremony included several speeches from people like the president, mayor, and the director of the Peace Corps.  It offered some food for thought as we all continue on our journey.

Finally it was time.  The graduate students were called up first and I was sixth up.  In the first picture you can see me being hooded by one of my professors.  It is definitely a tradition, but it is one that feels like it has some significance.  I didn't originally plan on walking, but I am glad that I did.

In the other pictures you can see my friend Ashley being hooded and then us getting our picture together afterwards.  It was a nice ceremony.

After graduation, it was time to eat and celebrate.  My family and I went to Maggiano's and it was delicious.  I hung out with the fam for a little while and then rested for most of the evening.  What a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment