Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Day 164: Big Decision

Rick Steves showed up in my mailbox today.  I received a catalog of his 2012 tours and I think I am in trouble.  There is a 21 day tour that includes the best of Europe. I would get to see Amsterdam, Haarlem, Backarach, Rothenburg, Reutte, Venice, Florence, Rome, Cinque Terre, Lauterbrunnen Valley, Beaune, and Paris.  I would get to see two places that I am in love with and get to visit tons of other sites that I have always wanted to see.  The price may seem a bit steep, but it includes so much and the best part of all, it is all set and ready to go.  The brochure comes with a DVD and this DVD is dangerous.  You get to see all of the destinations and meet some of the travelers and host.  


So it has come to a point where I need to make a big decision.  I would leave on the 24th of June and come back the 14th of July.  Then I would leave the 15th to go to New Orleans with my dad :).  It sounds so crazy, but I can't help but think that I should go.  My dad and I are really big on living our lives and doing what we want.  That is why he is jumping from a plane on Saturday (crazy man).  Anyway, when we were talking, he said, why not, you may not be around next year.  I'm not exactly in the best place financially, but I have enough that I can make it work.  I would have to cancel a few things, but I can make this work. Some may think it is odd to travel solo, but I think it is so exciting.  Being alone forces me to converse and meet the new people.  With a travel group of no more than 28, I get to possibly meet new travel partners.  I just don't see enough negatives to discourage me from going.  There are way too many positives.  My aunt Linda says, "seize the moment."  I think she is right.


I'd love to hear all of your thoughts.  I am going to sleep on it tonight and decide tomorrow.  It is only 11 days away, so I better decide fast.  


Here is the link if you want to see: http://tours.ricksteves.com/tours/europe-21-days 

Update:  I didn't sleep on it.  I'm going!  How crazy...

No comments:

Post a Comment