Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Day 168: Wind Beneathe my Wings

Today was jump day.  Jump from a plane 14,000 feet in the sky day.  Unfortunately the weather was not cooperative enough to allow for this.  It began with rain, then clouds, then wind.  Overall, it was still a good day.  The picture shows Crystal signing her life away.


One of the funny things to take away from the day is what people do why they are waiting or bored.  We waited for a few hours to see if the weather would improve.  While waiting, some people threw rocks, some people played games, and some people did gymnastics.  We hung out, walked around, played stinky cheese (or something like that) and chatted.  


Skydivers are interesting people.  How strange of a job to go to such extremes: the ultimate rush to waiting around for the right weather.  Everyone was so friendly, it was great.  The owner kept trying to convince me to jump, but don't worry, I won't.  It just isn't my thing.  


The jumpers have postponed till tomorrow morning.  Hopefully they get to check one thing off their bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment