Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Friday, July 20, 2012

Day 202: Let it Rain

Today was a wet day.  We started off the morning with a swamp tour.  The weather was nice enough to cooperate for awhile.  Our guide was a pretty entertaining cajun.  We had to watch out for five of the most poisonous snakes.  He told us to let him know if any got on the boat. We also got to watch the alligators munch on some marshmallows.  Who would imagine they would have such a sweet tooth.  The coolest alligator was Big Al.  He was 14 feet long and almost 1,000 pounds.  Towards the end of our ride, the rain came down. 
 
The rest of the day was pretty much characterized by the rain coming down.  New Orleans flooded.  One guy on the news said that the water was higher now in the French Quarter than it was during Hurricane Katrina.  I don't know about that, but it was definitely wet.



We finished the evening at our favorite restaurant.  I had my porcini and truffle ravioli while my dad ordered the osso buco.  We discussed how I could make the osso buco even better.  It was a wonderful way to finish our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment