Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Day 196: Not Ready for Home

Today I take the journey back home.  This is a very sad day.  I have never felt such a connection with the people and places I have been.  I feel as though I am saying goodbye to my new home and family.  This trip has been more than I could have ever imagined.  I knew that it was going to be awesome, but I never expected it to be this life changing.  I am actually writing this a little over a week later and I'm worried that I will lose this version of myself.  I have never been so free and happy to just take life in.  My lesson from this adventure is to let life happen.  I am such a planner and it is okay to not have it all figured out.  I feel like I can achieve any dream right now and I hope this feeling lasts forever.  I'm worried that reality will creep in and ruin this freedom.  I have to work to make this my reality, that this is who I am now.  It breaks my heart to imagine going back to the restricted me.  I guess the only thing I can ask right now is: what's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment