Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Day 200: The Lutherns Are Here

The Lutherns have taken over New Orleans and it is the strangest thing.  Who would bring 40,000 youth group kids to New Orleans?  Anyway, we went to the Laura Plantation today.  We had a great guide that was creole herself.  The family has a very unique history and there were some interesting characters.  


After the plantation we took the ferry over to Algier's Point.  I thought there was going to be more to do there, but there wasn't.  It was a hot day, so we stopped for a drink and some chill time before dinner.  

We went to a new restaurant tonight called Irene's.  It was wonderful.  We had escargot in mushrooms, soft shell crab, lamb, and bananas foster.  It was an amazing meal and the staff was so friendly.  After dinner, we took it easy and went back to the hotel.

 


 
 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment