Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Day 152: Goodbyes Part 2

It was an uneasy night.  I kept waking up to thoughts about what I still needed to finish and how the day would go saying goodbye to the students.  We had a pretty good turnout considering none of the students had to stop by.  We had one student that came and his lingering nature indicated he did not want to go.  I really enjoyed being his teacher this year and I am sad to see him go.  Another student would barely talk to me because she was so upset.  She stayed for a couple of hours to help me pack up my room.  I worry that she has become too attached.  She sent me such a nice e-mail that talked about me saving her.  I can only imagine the bonds I can build in 5th grade since I will be able to spend all day with them.  There are days where I don't know if I can handle teaching long term, but then there are days where it feels perfect.  I have been counting down the days to summer and I am so excited for what is to come, but I do admit that I will miss the hooligans.  Life is good and I'm feeling alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment