Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 144: At Least Midas Didn't Break Anything

 Eight more days.  I cannot begin to say how ready for summer I am.  In my efforts to begin cleaning out my classroom today, I have initiated a string of breaking items.  I was bringing one of my plants home today and the pot broke in my car when I had to slam on my breaks.  My car now has a nice layer of dirt covering it in the back.  As I went to grab my plant from my car when I got home, my phone fell out of my pocket and cracked.  Mine now matches what all of my students' phones look like.  I am nervous to touch anything else for fear of breaking it.


On a happier note, I found some books at a scholastic warehouse sale today.  I thought I was going to be paying $150, but instead I paid less than $50.  


I signed up for some travel brochures tonight and one of them came with an e-mail with the following quote:
“Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.”
Henry David Thoreau

I love romantic ideas like this.  I haven't been thinking "lofty" thoughts lately; maybe that is why I feel a little funky.

No comments:

Post a Comment