Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Day 139: Uneasy

I have a big weekend ahead of me.  Tomorrow I finish the move and start putting everything back together.  On Sunday I am going to the Cubs vs. Sox game.  I am really excited about this game because I'm going with a fun friend and I haven't been to a game in forever, but I'm worried about what might happen with NATO there.  There have been protests, terrorist threats, and who knows what else.  As I began to think about it, I wondered what it would be like to be one of the dignitaries that always carries these worries with them.  I wonder if it is something that confronts them each day or if it is something they can repress.  I suppose all you can really do is live.


After moving some stuff over tonight, we went out to a nice dinner to celebrate a new home.  We went to Hugo's Frog Bar and ordered a variety of sides and appetizers, the best of all being the escargot.  It is covered with a pastry and our server recommends placing blue cheese underneath to add a new level of flavor.  It is wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment