Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 151: Goodbyes Part 1

 The last full day of school was full of excitement.  Our team dressed up for the decades and we rocked the 50s through the 90s.  It is so fun to see the kids dressed up for the day.  It was kind of a crazy day with an odd schedule, but overall it was not too bad.


The pictures today show the board that I came back to later in the afternoon.  This group has been so appreciative and I am so thankful to have had such a good group, probably the best I've had minus a few individuals.  


I always look forward to the promotion ceremony at the end of the school year.  It seems like it will be a long day, but once we actually get to the ceremony, all is well.  I felt myself getting a little teary eyed as I said my goodbyes to students.  Usually a lot of students will come back the next day to say goodbye, but many decided they would not, so this was the final ending.  People sometimes talk about unfinished business, especially when they talk about ghosts.  I feel as though some things have gone unsaid with students and I wish I could tell them how much I have enjoyed teaching them.  But then again, I think they know.  


I also got to see several students from past years.  They are driving, living on their own, going to college, and dreaming of becoming an oncologist.  I love the moments that occur on these nights.






No comments:

Post a Comment