Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day 295: Self-Analysis

T-2 days until conferences.  I'm definitely feeling more nervous than I ever have for conferences.  This time it is all me; no longer a team effort.  As I was taking a bath tonight, I was thinking about my crazy obsession with trying to be the perfect teacher.  I know I'm not, but I also know I'm working on it.  It amazes me that teachers can somehow not take comments to heart.  It is almost as if they view teaching in a business-like matter.  I wonder if I can do that.  Right now I take everything personally because so much of myself goes into my work.  Maybe if I could view it as, "they don't prefer my method," rather than "they don't like me," then maybe I could take it better.  This has got to be my most insecure area.

I wonder if most people have places where they do their best thinking.  I come up with my best ideas on walks with Kendra and while taking a bath.  I think they are both places where I'm not really distracted by anything, so I can just think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment