Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day 285: Mini Memoir Take 2

I thought this morning about my memoir and was really not digging it.  I picked way too big of a topic for such a small piece.  After some thought, I returned to a previous idea.  I'd written part of it to a friend, so all I had to do was tweak it.  The class loved it.  They were quoting phrases that meant something to them.  If I win this contest, then I'll be a really happy girl.  Here is what I came up with:



Midnight Dip in the Mediterranean
Was it the abundant wine, late hour, or vast sea that made us abandon care?  We surrendered versions of ourselves that rarely escape.  Some removed constricting clothing.  Others seemed forgetful after wandering in with money belts still on.  We embraced the opportunity to be liberated. 
Sounds of simple pleasures filled our little piece of the beach.  Laughing, conversations, and the splash, splash of the skipping stones (or sometimes plunk) teased our ears.  Some people drifted off to sea, while others got to know hidden fragments of new friends.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment