Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 290:The Wild and the Tame


Who doesn't have a few versions of themselves?  I find myself changing daily, sometimes momentarily.  How does one be all of the versions of themselves that they are?  While browsing Facebook this evening and protesting against my writing homework assignment, I came across a quotation that brought some life to my brain.  
“What should I do about the wild and the tame? The wild heart that wants to be free, and the tame heart that wants to come home. I want to be held. I don't want you to come too close. I want you to scoop me up and bring me home at nights. I don't want to tell you where I am. I want to keep a place among the rocks where no one can find me. I want to be with you.” By Jeanette Winterson.
        Class was interesting tonight.  I didn't exactly follow the assignment, but I definitely got a lot of feedback.  The peak moment of the night happened as I left.  One of the guys in our group pulled me aside and told me that he wishes if anyone of us could actually move on to be a writer, that it would be me.  I asked why and he said he thought I had such passion and that I could actually do it.  I've seen this guy for 2 hours for 5 nights and it appears that I have made some sort of impact.  How amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment