Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Day 280: Indiana Wine Trail



Today's goal was to tackle part of the Indiana Wine Trail.  Completion of the trail results in a prize wine glass that notes the wineries visited.  The trail is composed of 6 wineries.  We attempted three on this journey.  Our road trip to Southern Indiana exposed the initial fall foliage.  It was a cool, sunny day; perfect for wine tasting.  

On a sadder note, I did something horrible today.  On our way to the first winery, I hit a dog.  I want to say there was nothing I could do, but who knows if that is true.  I was closely following a truck with a trailer and without warning, he braked hard and swerved.  I was trying to figure out what he was doing when the little fluffy white dog appeared.  I tried to break and swerve (without hitting another car), but he/she was squared straight with my tire.  My aunt said it was a fast death.  I looked in the rear view mirror to see the dog, but I couldn't see it.  As I looked ahead, I saw another white fluffy dog and what I thought was the owner.  I drove a bit before I decided I needed to go back to apologize to the owners.  I went back, but could not find the dog or owner.  I killed someone's Kendra.  I can't believe I took a life today. 

Although I felt horrible for what I did, I tried not to let it ruin the day.  Our evening finished with a family and friend dinner.  My favorite part, of course, was discussing plans for next summer with some of my favorite travel partners.

No comments:

Post a Comment