Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 284: Mini Memoir

Tomorrow I turn in my 91-word memoir.  I wrote about five of these.  The goal was to include a meaningful moment with humor and wit.  I'm not sure if I have conveyed any humor, but I think there may be a little wit.  It is hard to include so much into such few words.  I'll look at it again one more time tomorrow to revise, but here it is so far:



Field Trip
We stumbled putting on scrubs, hairnets, and booties.  Mom was recovering from surgery as the surgeon beckoned us to go behind the scenes.  It felt like we were finally freed from a time-out.  We entered once all parts were contained.  Sitting in the middle of the room was something like a massage chair, only the apparatus was used to hold mom during her brain surgery.  It emitted a chill that traveled through me.  Perhaps it was the cooler temperature, or maybe the vision I had of mom sitting there. 


Today's picture shows mom before her surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment