Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Day 268: Think Like a Winner

I selected a different kind of picture today.  I decided to use a print screen to show you what I'm working on.  Rick Steves has a contest for his tour alum of 2012.  The goal is to create the best scrapbook website.  I am going to create the winning website for 2012.  Guess what the grand prize is....  A free tour.  

I am going to put everything into this website.  I was telling my dad that maybe this is the closure I need for my trip.  Coming home is almost like going through a death.  I found a quotation by Jefferson that I really like: "...[they] return to their home as to a place of exile and condemnation. Their eyes are forever turned back to the object they have lost, and its recollection poisons the residue of their lives."  He discusses how traveling brings wisdom and not happiness.  I can't help but agree.  It brings happiness while you are in the moment, but then when you return to the day-to-day, it seems blandHe is a smart man.

No comments:

Post a Comment