Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Day 262: Lofty Thoughts

I was just getting ready to go to bed tonight as I had a trailing thought about my trip this summer.  I remember going to the Neuwachstein Castle and being really disappointed because it was covered in scaffolding.  I think this castle is so picturesque and I really wanted to capture how fantastic it was.  Well, so much for that idea.  We also visited the Hohenschwangau Castle which is the neighboring castle (came before Neuwachstein).  For some reason, I was thinking about my favorite room in this castle.  It was the king's bedroom (I think).  Anyway, above his bed, you could find little slits in the ceiling and each night, his servants would light candles so the stars would glow.  This is way better than glow in the dark stars on your ceiling.  A lot of people thought that King Ludwig was mad, but maybe he was just really imaginative.  I'd love to go lay down now under man-made stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment