Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day 259: Beouf Bourguignon

I love Saturdays.  I wrote on Facebook the other day that I wish every day could be celebrated like a Saturday.  I like myself better on Saturdays.  This Saturday I ran a couple errands, but mostly just stuck around home.  I made my famous Beouf Bourguignon.  In my pictures today you can see a couple steps in the process.  The first is the braising of the beef.  You can't see the beef, but instead all of the tasty morsels that the beef leaves behind after being braised.  These are crazy flavor pockets that will infuse the rest later.  Then you see the beginning stewing phase.  Let's just say it turned out wonderfully.  I'm excited to have a bunch of leftovers.

I also did some Paris apartment searching.  Right now, this is my number one choice.  It is small, but it is in the kind of neighborhood I want to stay in.  I'm including a link to the apartment and the street view so you can see what I'm talking about.

Apartment 
Street View


I finished my night with some French movies.  I am a fan of Romain Duris, so I watched Heartbreaker and Russian Dolls.  I loved them both.  The first is pretty cliche chic flick, but I still liked it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment