Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day 256: Wine Dinner

Although I don't feel like I have the time to go to a wine dinner, I am greatly looking forward to relaxing and enjoying an amazing meal paired with fine wine.  

While we were waiting to be seated, I browsed their wine selection.  I was amazed to find they had wine from the winery I visited in Burgundy this summer.  I love coming across those little connections that remind you of great times.  How funny that they have wine from that winery.

The menu for tonight includes:


Dinner paired by
Executive Chef Eddie Sweeney

and

Sous Chef Jesus Pasindo
Reception
French Onion Gougere
Caramelized onion cream
Filet Mignon Tartare
Capers, onions, dill pickle, sweet potato chip
Justin, Justification, 2009
1st Course
Smoked Salmon Chowder
Pumpernickel and dill croutons
Justin, Cabernet Sauvignon, 2010
2nd Course
Georges Bank Scallops
Butternut squash risotto, bacon vinaigrette
Justin, Chardonnay, 2010
3rd Course
Filet Mignon
Cauliflower puree, pommes frites, shallot sherry au jus
Justin, Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve, 2009
4th Course
Foie Gras and Mushroom Hash
Honey gastrique, fried egg, ciabatta crostini
Justin, Obtuse, 2009
5th Course
Black Cherry and Chocolate Cake Crème Brulee
Justin, Isosceles, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment