Reclaiming Experience

This blog is a tool for recording my experiences as well as evaluating my day-to-day life. With my camera in hand, I will make meaning out of my life.

Friday, November 16, 2012

Day 319: Mixed Emotions

Unfortunately my work day was not as great as the day before.  I made a mistake in my teaching which is probably one of the most embarrassing things ever.  It happened in math and I thought I knew what I was talking about, but it turns out I didn't.  It has probably been over 12 years since I'd done this skill, but for some reason I had confidence I knew what I was doing.  I was so upset with myself the rest of the day.  But, as with any mistake, I have decided that all I can do at this point is learn from it and make sure I am better prepared next time.

My evening was fantastic.  Some girls from work have formed a book club and we had a meeting tonight.  Wine, good company, great discussions, what more could you ask for?  Although there have been some challenges with moving to elementary school, I am so happy to have the opportunity to work with the people that I do.  It makes such an impact on my motivation to go to work each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment